Thirty-seventh week of pregnancy
You are almost at the end of this journey, close to meeting your baby. There is not much room left in your tummy and the baby has grown so big that he cannot move as he would like. You feel tired and you may begin to feel a little anxious and afraid about giving birth. Keep calm and relax.
In this article
- How the child grows
- Symptoms of the 37 week of pregnancy
- How the body changes in the XNUMXth week of pregnancy
- Ultrasound thirty-seventh week of pregnancy (PHOTO)
- What to do at the 37th week of pregnancy
- 37 week of pregnancy. The curiosity
- Thirty-seventh week of pregnancy video
- Weeks of pregnancy
How the child grows
The child measures approximately 47cm and its weight it is around 2.600 grams. She doesn't have much room to move at this stage, but if you feel she isn't moving at all, go to the hospital to check the situation.
The child continues to train for breathing and has probably already begun to make some early breathing movements, although there is no air in his lungs, ingesting amniotic fluid into the trachea. Sobbing: You will feel it more clearly in this period.
Her skull is not completely solidified because in this way she will be able to exit the uterus canal during birth, she is in a good position to be born: head down, arms crossed and legs bent.
The fluff, the protection that has preserved her skin to this day, is now dissolved in the amniotic fluid.Read also: Fetal movements before childbirth
Symptoms of the 37 week of pregnancy
Maybe you don't sleep well, anxiety is starting to make itself felt, maybe you feel tired and you would like to have your baby in your arms already. You often feel the urge to urinate as the uterus presses against the bladder.
How the body changes in the XNUMXth week of pregnancy
- Hormonal changes that occur before birth cause fatigue - try to lie down and rest as much as possible.
- The uterus is going down and putting some pressure on the organs, this feeling of "falling belly" can be a bit annoying and can increase as the days go by.
- You may feel a stiff stomach feeling from the contractions - a phenomenon that occurs with varying intensity throughout the nine months of pregnancy. Just be careful that the contractions do not become frequent and painful, as they could be the beginning of an imminent birth.
Ultrasound thirty-seventh week of pregnancy (PHOTO)19 PHOTOS
Ultrasound in pregnancy | PHOTO
Ultrasound in pregnancy | Examples of ultrasound scans during the 40 weeks of pregnancy
What to do at the 37th week of pregnancy
You will probably have to do a urinalysis this week. Loss of mucus plugs is a sign that labor is about to begin. Delivery will generally take place within the next 24 hours. But it is not always easy to understand that you have lost the cork: if in doubt it is better to call the doctor.
Make sure you have all the birth documents ready in a single folder: health card, exams, identity document, blood group card etc ...
37 week of pregnancy. The curiosity
The gestational age is calculated starting from the start day of the last menstruation and counting the calendar months, made of 30-31 days, or the lunar months, each made of 4 weeks, that is 28 days. Doctors prefer the calculation of the weeks of amenorrhea and therefore of the lunar months, more precise; with this calculation the pregnancy lasts 10 lunar months (not 9)
Thirty-seventh week of pregnancy video
Weeks of pregnancy
If you want to learn more about the other 40 weeks of pregnancy, she has created a nine-month calendar with advice on health, nutrition and tests to take during the 40 weeks. You will also be able to find out about the changes in the mother's body, how the baby bump grows and how the fetus develops.
- The midwife's advice for 40 weeks of pregnancy
- Pregnancy video from conception to birth
- Pictures of pregnancy week by week
- Exams to do in pregnancy