Benedetta is a much loved and very popular female name, especially for its auspicious meaning. In this guide we discover the origin, characteristics and spread of Benedetta name for baby girl.
In this article
- What is the origin of the name Benedetta?
- What is the meaning of the name Benedetta?
- What is the diffusion of the name Benedetta?
- When is Benedetta's name day?
- The variants in other languages
- Diminutive of Benedetta
- How is Benedetta's character?
- What zodiac sign is associated with the name Benedetta?
- What is Benedetta's precious stone?
- Which color is associated with Benedetta?
- What is Benedetta's lucky number?
- What song should you dedicate to Benedetta?
- Famous people named Benedetta
What is the origin of the name Benedetta?
Benedetta it is the feminine variant of the name Benedict and derives from the Latin benedicta, past participle of the verb benedicere ("to say", "to wish well").
What is the meaning of the name Benedetta?
The meaning of the name Benedetta is quite clear: it is a auspicious name which means precisely "blessed".
Baby names | PHOTO
Baby names | The origins and meanings of baby names
What is the diffusion of the name Benedetta?
Benedetta is a rather common name in our country, especially in the southern regions, even if lately its popularity is decreasing more and more. According to the ISTAT data relative to the most common names, in 1999 1148 newborn babies were called Benedetta, while in 2022 there were 895.
When is Benedetta's name day?
There are several saints who have borne this name, however in most cases Benedetta celebrates the name day on 6st May, when the Church remembers saint Benedetta, nun in the city in the sixth century. However there is also a saint Benedict who is remembered on 21 March and it was Saint Benedetta Cambiagio Frassinello, founder of the Benedictine Sisters of Providence.
The variants in other languages
- In French Benedetta if you translate with Bénédicte or avens, two names however rare nowadays in France
- In English Benedetta if you translate with Benedicta
Diminutive of Benedetta
The possible diminutives (hypocoristic) of the name Benedetta are:
How is Benedetta's character?
Benedetta is a woman who looks often inaccessible: he has a haughty, proud, reserved character. Despite this, she does not leave indifferent precisely because of this apparent coldness and detachment and therefore thanks to the halo of mystery which surrounds herself. Benedetta is introspective and a lot introverted: she tends to create for herself an ivory tower into which she sometimes retreats when life does not fulfill her aspirations.
It is a woman inspired, sensitive and emotional who does not handle stress and failure well. She is quite possessive but has a special character, because she is very independent, original and this ability to be self-sufficient is extremely fascinating.
He can't always start with others in the right way and he prefers isolate yourself looking very elusive. At the same time she has a strong will and determination that clash with her innate laziness that pushes her, at times, to postpone what needs to be done.
Benedetta is a lot precise and meticulous and has a strong practical and concrete spirit. Her greatest dream is to love and be loved.
What profession will Benedetta make? He will probably allow himself to be influenced by the family environment in his choices, but the professions in which he will be able to shine are those related to art, aesthetics, but also to professions that require great precision.Read also: Male names
What zodiac sign is associated with the name Benedetta?
The zodiac sign that best represents the character of Benedetta, so precise, meticulous and concrete, is that of the Virgin.
What is Benedetta's precious stone?
Benedetta's stone is the diamond, pure, refined and clear.
Which color is associated with Benedetta?
Benedetta's color is orange, symbol of energy, vitality, curiosity, but also of introspection.
What is Benedetta's lucky number?
Benedetta's lucky number is 2: represents the union between two elements and stimulates understanding and altruism.
What song should you dedicate to Benedetta?
We have choosen "Benedetta"a piece by Edoardo De Angelis who sings with Amedeo Minghi in this occasion
Famous people named Benedetta
- Benedict of Denmark, Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- Blessed by Vimercate, religious and villager
- Benedetta Barzini, model and journalist el paesena
- Benedetta Craveri, literary critic and writer and villager
- Benedetta Massola, actress and showgirl el paesena
- Benedetta Mazza, TV presenter el paesena
- Benedetta Mazzini, actress, television presenter and television author
- Benedetta Parodi, journalist and writer el paesena
- Benedetta Tobagi, journalist and writer el paesena
- Benedetta Valanzano, actress and the country
Names for children
Find out what these 10 baby girl names mean:
- To give
Dictionary of female names
has collected in this article a long list of female names. By clicking on each of the names you can discover their origin, meaning and curiosity, from the letter A of Agata to the Z of Zoe.