Fifth month of pregnancy
Il fifth month of pregnancy is the period perhaps top of pregnancy. The nausea ceases for almost everyone and one feels fit and full of energy. You are likely to be hungrier. You don't have to limit yourself and impose on yourself strict diets but you don't have to eat for two with the excuse that you are pregnant.
It is also the period of possible others disorders such as varicose veins, stretch marks, hemorrhoids and cellulite. This is due to poor circulation. Let's see what happens to the fetus this month and how the body changes.13 PHOTOS
Months of pregnancy | PHOTO
Photos of pregnancy month by month. Images of the belly and fetus from the first month to the ninth month of pregnancy
What week starts
The fifth month of pregnancy begins at 17 weeks and 5 days and ends at 21 weeks and 6 days.
Fifth month: the weeks of pregnancy
Let's see what happens to the mother and the baby week by week.
- Seventeenth week: at 17 weeks + 4 days the fourth month of pregnancy will end. The fetus measures approximately 11 centimeters and weighs approximately 100 grams.
- Week 18: The muscles, bones and nerves of the fetus continue to develop rapidly. At the 13th week of pregnancy, the fetus is about 140 centimeters long and weighs XNUMX grams.
- Nineteenth week: The fetus measures 14 centimeters and weighs 190 grams and its movements are frequent, although it still has a lot of space in the belly and you may not feel it distinctly.
- Twentieth week: the baby sleeps between 16 and 20 hours a day and is almost fully formed. His weight in the 20th week is 240-250 grams, for a length of about 15 centimeters.
- Twenty-first week: the fifth month is about to end, in fact it will close at 21 weeks + 6 days. The dimensions of the fetus are 16 cm by 300 grams. The lungs are developing and in this period with a morphological ultrasound you can discover the sex.
What happens to mom
During this month you will feel your baby's first movements. The abdomen continues to enlarge, also because the muscles relax to allow the fetus to continue growing inside the uterus.
The nipples darken. Sometimes some spots may appear on the skin.
- Probably sweat more (due to increased blood circulation in your body). The nose may also be more congested. It is a common phenomenon during a pregnancy, but it will stop soon after delivery.
- Vaginal discharge may increase during this time.
- If it's your first baby this week you might want to try the first stomach ailment which has nothing to do with indigestion problems. You will finally know that the child is right there in you.
- You may suffer a little of insomnia and the movements of the fetus could be more acute just at night, take a chamomile.
- To read contractions Painless uterus are caused by the movement of the baby.
- There may also be other minor annoyances such as hemorrhoids, dehydrated and dry skin.
- The womb getting bigger it dilates against the lungs and pushes the abdomen forward. The navel it could also protrude, that is, protrude forward and remain in this position until after delivery.
- The chest, more than the breasts, is enlarged, if you haven't bought a bra with adjustable support yet, now is the time to do it.
If you have not already done so, always grease the skin of the whole body but above all of the breasts, hips and belly with sweet almond oil or with creams and ointments anti-stretch marks, but specific for pregnancy.
Fifth month of pregnancy, Weight
If in the first quarter the weight has increased very little (or at least it should be), in the second quarter it is expected to increase by about 300-500 grams per week. It is important to constantly monitor your body weight which should not exceed 12 chili throughout pregnancy.
What happens to the baby
The child is almost fully formed. The weight of him in the fifth month of pregnancy is in fact 240-250 grams, for a length of about 20 centimeters.
It is able to perceive i sounds then talk to him and let him listen to some sweet and relaxing music.
It begins to move more and more but for now it still has room to do it freely in the belly and you may not be able to feel its movements which at first seem similar to a flapping of wings.
5 month fetus pictures
Here is a picture of the fetus at the 19th week of pregnancy.Read also: Nutrition in pregnancy
Exams to do
- Like every month, the mother has to undergo urinalysis. Furthermore, if he has not yet done so in the 4th month, he must undergo the toxo-test to be sure that he has not contracted toxoplasmosis.
- The 5th month is also the time of the second of the three ultrasound scans provided by the National Health Service; it is called "morphological" ultrasound, because it is made specifically to check all the organs and the correct formation of the various constituent parts of the fetus' body.
- This is the best time to start breathing control exercises that many women consider to be very useful at the time of labor. Devote a few moments of your day to these exercises. You may notice that you are increasing in volume not only on the abdomen, but also on the buttocks.
- In the event that there is a risk of genetic and chromosomal pathologies (and in the event that it has not already been performed in the 4th month), theamniocentesis, under strict medical advice and by the 18th week.
- Maternal Doppler flowmetry is not mandatory, but is useful for verifying normal blood flow from the uterine artery to the placenta. It is performed by ultrasound and can be performed in the period between the 17th and 23rd week.
Belly hard in the fifth month of pregnancy
It may happen that a bulge appears on the belly: it's your baby leaning against you 'from the inside' and maybe it's a foot, arm or head. Caress this swelling slowly, to show the little one all your love. At the same time it can happen to feel the hard belly: can be caused by the shift of the child but can also be a physiological event completely normal. It can occur especially a end of the day when you are most tired. A doctor should be consulted if the stiff stomach persists for a long time and is accompanied by dark colored blood spots.
Pain in the lower abdomen
These pains are also quite common. They are usually caused by the changes taking place in the uterus, but they can also be preparatory contractions that generally last a short time. It is necessary to worry and consult the doctor if these contractions become regular and more and more close together.
Pregnancy month by month
- First month of pregnancy
- Second month of pregnancy
- Third month of pregnancy
- Fourth month of pregnancy
- Sixth month of pregnancy
- Seventh month of pregnancy
- Eighth month of pregnancy
- Ninth month of pregnancy