Homeopathy during childbirth
Homeopathy can be of great help in promoting a birth with labor reduced to the minimum necessary, with more effective and much less painful contractions, and therefore less stress for the mother and for the newborn. Here are the remedies proposed byhomeopathy during childbirth, and from the last trimester of pregnancy to after birth.
Natural therapies can benefit the pregnant woman through their energetic influences. The most relevant aspects of the homeopathic remedies, that is the ability to stimulate the reactions of the organism, the non-toxicity as well as the ease of intake and assimilation, make homeopathy therapy of excellence for this delicate phase of a woman's life.17 PHOTOS
How to have a peaceful and natural birth
Do you want a "zen" birth? Here are some useful tips
There are various types of remedies:
- unique (a remedy)
- multiple (two or more remedies to be taken in a certain order)
- complexes (two or more remedies at the same time)
- different dilutions and different forms.
The remedies are found in the forms of powders, granules, tablets, drops and should be taken preferably away from meals (half an hour before or after), not in conjunction with coffee, tea and mint (including mint toothpaste) and care must be taken not to touch the granules that are not used with your hands or mouth, as they would lose their effectiveness.
The remedies should also be stored away from heat and light, preferably away from sources of strong odors or perfumes.
List of homeopathic principles useful in pregnancy, labor and childbirth (labor is considered an acute condition, therefore the remedy must act quickly and it must be possible to repeat the intake frequently, even every 15 minutes, so most of the recommended remedies have dilutions at 200 C or less concentrated). Frequency is much more important than quantity, in the sense that ten granules are no more effective than 5 granules. In acute phase of childbirth 5 granules under the tongue every 15 minutes.
It is advisable not to take the product in case of non-physiological pregnancy or in conjunction with pharmacological treatments such as tocolytics that are prescribed to those who have many contractions throughout pregnancy.
There are various preparatory techniques from the homeopathic point of view. Let's see them.
a 3-component homeopathic remedy (Pulsatilla, Cimicifuga and Caulophyllum) that is used for the preparation of childbirth since it stimulates the spontaneous opening of the cervix (reducing labor) for its components has an action:
- on the uterus, favoring contractions, dilation, decreasing pain and improving the effectiveness of thrusts;
- on the ligaments of the pelvis bones making them more elastic during dilation;
- promotes the expulsion of the placenta and recovery after childbirth helps the baby to engage well in the birth canal favoring its turning. It can be taken starting from the 37th 38th week (5 granules 3 times a day approximately every 8 hours).
Before giving birth 5 granules every 15 minutes.
Actaea racemosa, Cauklophyllum, Arnica
The key to a almost painless childbirth it is to take, during the last month of pregnancy, once a day, 3 granules, alternating them: one day one, the day after the other, the day after the last remedy.
By acting electively on ligaments and joints of the pelvic bones, on the contractions of the uterus, on the pelvic muscles in general, will be of great help to the pregnant woman.Read also: The stages of labor
The duration of labor will be reduced to a minimum (mothers in the 2nd or 3rd birth it would therefore be advisable to organize themselves in time: labor could last only 15-30 minutes), contractions and therefore thrusts will be much more effective and much less painful especially if associated with a good breathing technique. Talk to your gynecologist!
- Pulsatilla 7CH: 5 granules before bed in the last two weeks of gestation in case of breech position of the fetus; to be used every half hour during labor in the absence of effective contractions. It is excellent for those contractions that start and then do not continue or are ineffective. When the woman is discouraged, she cries, she is very thirsty and weak and when she needs special attention.
- Actea racemosa 9CH: 5 granules per day to reduce anxiety and promote delivery in the last two weeks of gestation and every half hour during labor. It is also effective for menstrual pain.
- Caulophyllum 5 CH: 5 granules in the presence of false nocturnal pains that are transmitted to the lower limbs. It is also used to make the cervix soft and favor its dilation. Also useful when the parturient is very tired and weak and when she is very sensitive to cold
- Arnica 200 CH: a tube before going to hospital or at the beginning of labor and another before delivery, for its anti-haemorrhagic and reassuring action. It is one of the most famous and prescribed remedies for labor and postpartum recovery, it serves to prevent bleeding, improves general recovery and facilitates uterine involution. Remedy par excellence for wounds and soft tissue healing.
- Arnica 30: the remedy for shock, reduces pain and inflammation. If one could manage to plan the day of delivery, it would be to take 10 drops diluted in a bottle of water for 2 days before delivery, shaking both the drops before putting them in the bottle, and the bottle itself each time before drinking. Also to be taken up to 2 days after delivery, in the same way. In case of induced childbirth homeopathy would be useless but arnica will be fine after any type of childbirth to heal wounds of the uterus, vagina, perineum.
- Kalium carbonicum 30: effective against pain in the lower back, butt and thighs. Also useful when the parturient is sweaty, weak, anxious and irritated, or when she has a headache. It is a remedy that must be repeated frequently
- Chamomilla: as we read here it is a remedy indicated when the woman is angry or very irritable, intolerant to contractions or visits in labor, when she barks and shakes her hands and would like to hit someone. Also useful when the contractions seem to push the baby up rather than down or when the woman is suffering from thigh pain.
- Cimicifuga: for the frightened and desperate parturient, when she cannot maintain self-control, cannot relax, is hyperkinetic and talks a lot. Also useful when the pain of the contractions is perceived as milder on the left side.
- Sepia: when labor is violent, the woman irritable, easy to cry or indifferent, but also when she feels the urge to bite someone
- Aconite 30: for very scared future dads and mothers-to-be in labor.
- Hypericum 30: promotes a sense of well-being and helps prevent tissue damage
- Gelsenium 30: against back pain and weakness, but also to improve mood and promote calm and softens the cervix
- Nux vomica: very famous remedy, during labor it must be used when each contraction gives the woman the sensation of peeing or the need to go to the body. The pain is in the lower back and the cervix is stiff. The woman is hypersensitive and irritated, in the throes of stress and agitation, the pangs make her nervous, she can't bear the pain very much, she has never given up on medicines, she craves heat and anesthesia.
- Coffea: unbearable pains, loss of consciousness in the pauses between one pain and another. The remedy is effective if administered just before the last labor pains, at the time of the dilation of the perineum.
- Cantharis: the placenta does not detach due to the afterbirth. Frequent administration.
Flower therapy with his parents Bach flowers instead, with its release action on psychic energy, it can help strengthen the personality and self-esteem of the future mother.
- Mimulus: it is the flower for fears of known events, particularly indicated in the last weeks of gestation, against the fear of pain and childbirth
- Agrimony: it is indicated for women who tend to hide their fears and concerns about the upcoming event, minimizing them or letting them suffocate
- Red Chestnut: it's the flower for mothers-to-be who obsessively focus their fetal health concerns, putting their own needs aside
- Rescue remedy: it is the remedy of excellence for labor and delivery to be used pure, in the dose of 4 sublingual drops even every half hour. It ensures that the woman's energy system does not disintegrate, stimulating the body to react in a positive and adequate way.
Finally, to facilitate the onset of labor and promote dilation and avoid induced birth, you can use theEvening primrose oil in eggs to be inserted into the vagina.