How to avoid gaining too much weight during pregnancy
How many pounds do you need to get pregnant? Experts agree that a maximum weight gain of 12 kilos is considered normal, although much depends on the starting weight and thebody mass index.
Ma how to avoid gaining too much weight during pregnancy?10 PHOTOS
Nine months of sweet expectation
Wonderful images to tell the nine months of pregnancy
In this article
- How much weight to take in pregnancy
- Diet in pregnancy
How much weight should you gain in pregnancy
First of all, it is important to know that the vast majority of women lose the pounds gained during pregnancy within a year from childbirth.
On an average of 12 kilos, 3,5 is the weight of the baby and all the others serve the mother's organism between:
- increase in the amount of blood circulating,
- amniotic fluid,
- breast augmentation,
- stock of fat etc ...
Diet in pregnancy
It is therefore very important to eat adequately, both to ensure the right supply of important nutrients to the maternal organism and the fetus (essential for its development), and to take healthy foods, which do not favor weight gain.
In short, you don't have to eat for two, but you have to change yours habits, abolishing the incorrect ones and promoting the healthiest and friendliest ones on the line.
Here are some tips to not put on too many pounds.
How not to gain too much weight in pregnancy
- Make lots of snacks: at least 4 during the day, to help digestion and never feel hungry
- Choose the right foods: yes to fruit, vegetables, white meat and fish and no to snacks, fried, high-calorie or overly sugary foods.
- Indulge in the cravings, but with intelligence and recover as soon as possible.
- Beanie at least one liter of water a day (one and a half liters in summer) to hydrate well and fight water retention.
- Reduce the salt because it favors the stagnation of liquids and also the sugar which not only make you fat, but are not decisive for curbing hypoglycemic crises.
- Exercise, choosing the one that best suits your physical conditions and talking to your gynecologist first.
- Sleep the right number of hours during the night because there is no doubt that establishing a correct balance of the sleep-wake cycle and metabolism helps not to gain weight.
- Hold a food diary to write down what you ate during the day.