How to get rid of stretch marks
Many women struggle with one of the most common imperfections. Let's talk about stretch marks, a problem that is particularly common in pregnant women or those on a weight loss diet. We will try to take stock of the most effective methods to combat them and we will try to understand how to get rid of stretch marks.
What are stretch marks
Stretch marks are actual skin tears, mainly caused by weight fluctuations, pregnancy or other circumstances that cause the skin to stretch and shrink rapidly. This abrupt change causes the breakdown of collagen and elastin that support the skin. After the healing period, these jagged and long scar-like lines appear.
Read also: Test, are you prone to stretch marks?
How to get rid of white stretch marks
In their beginnings, stretch marks appear as reddish or brownish marks and are accompanied by itching and irritation. After, with time, the color of the stretch mark fades, becomes glossy white and if you pass a finger over the sign you feel a certainty trough in the skin. In this phase the tear has healed and it is certainly more difficult to eliminate it.
For this reason, the advice of aesthetic doctors and dermatologists is to prevent stretch marks, by applying, for example, a lotion specify whether you are following a diet aimed at losing weight or during pregnancy and after childbirth. But it is also important to take immediate action on the pink and red stretch marks because, once they have turned white, the only way to try to eliminate them will be the laser or other more important procedures.
How stretch marks are treated
Let's start by pointing out that, like any other scar, stretch marks are too permanent and it is impossible to erase them, although some treatments may make them less evident.
It is also good to know that there is no one treatment that is effective for everyone and many products seem to be completely ineffective.
However we can quickly photograph the results of the main studies scientists who have investigated the effectiveness of anti-stretch mark treatments, from those of aesthetic medicine, creams to grandma's remedies.Read also: Pregnancy and stretch marks: the products
Effective Stretch Marks Remedies
- cream and gel: in principle scientific research has not found irrefutable evidence that anti-stretch mark creams serve to eliminate them; this is because the damage that the stretch mark causes occurs too deep, where creams and cosmetics fail to arrive. However specific products can be useful at the stage prevention or, at most, when stretch marks have just appeared. The advice, therefore, is to choose a specific product that performs an action elasticizing and use it daily, practicing a massage delicate but continuous, which also stimulates blood circulation in the tissues.
- Home remedies: According to studies, the classic grandmother's remedies have proved ineffective. No improvement, therefore, can be produced by the use of almond oil, cocoa butter, olive oil, vitamin E on already evident stretch marks; while a regular massage with oils of this type can make the skin more hydrated and elastic, therefore in the prevention phase they can give an extra gear.
- Aesthetic medicine: the specialist may prescribe some treatments based on hyaluronic acid they could actually make stretch marks less visible. Also there tretinoin it can be effective (but should be avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding) to fade stretch marks immediately after their appearance and can penetrate deep into the skin, rebuilding collagen. Also procedures such as the laser, chemical peeling, microdermabrasion and others can be effective but more often they offer interesting results when combined with each other.
Lemon for white stretch marks
Lemon, often mixed witholive oil, is one of the most recommended DIY remedies to make stretch marks fade. In reality there is no evidence of efficacy of this procedure, but of course we can do something to prevent the appearance of stretch marks by choosing natural remedies: the use of centella or hyaluronic acid, for example, seems to be useful for prevention.
How to get rid of stretch marks on the stomach
La belly it is undoubtedly a sensitive area and particularly exposed to the effects of weight fluctuations. During pregnancy, stretch marks can appear in different areas, from the thighs to the breast, but in the forefront we find the belly that increases its dimensions and the skin needs a very good degree of elasticity to withstand continuous stresses without tearing. The advice, therefore, is to use from the first weeks of pregnancy and until after childbirth, a gel or an anti-stretch mark cream specific for pregnancy and continue to apply it every, several times a day, to combat any itching and irritation of the skin, but above all to keep it elastic and toned.
At the same time, it is always advisable to:
- avoid strict and too restrictive diets that lead to suddenly losing weight;
- drink one and a half liters of water a day to hydrate tissues and skin;
- follow a balanced and balanced diet.
How to remove stretch marks from the buttocks
Also buttocks they are one of the parts of the body most vulnerable to stretch marks. Even in this to prevent is the key, but if the stripes the only effective way to combat them has now appeared is to contact the aesthetic doctor or dermatologist who will propose the most suitable approach and the right treatment (which can range from laser to dermoabrasion).