Nausea in the last days of pregnancy: why it comes and how it is treated
Pregnancy disorders can be many, and the simplest, such as fatigue, nausea, swelling, are also the most frequent. They mostly occur in the first and third trimesters and can also be very annoying. Nausea in the last days of pregnancy? Here's why it occurs and how to fix it.
In this article
- The last month of pregnancy
- Nausea in the last days of pregnancy
- I'm nauseous: am I about to give birth?
- Nausea in labor
The last month of pregnancy
Le full term pregnancies they arrive at the 37th week: starting from this moment the child it can be born safely in preterm infants. It is therefore normal to start having some typical disorders of the preparation for labor, such as excessive tiredness, swelling, gastrointestinal problems, insomnia and contractions. This is why it is good to indulge the body and not overdo it: even knowing that these are symptoms of the whole physiological, it is good not to underestimate them, because in any case the organism will need strength to face the birth before and the puerperium afterwards. Rest, eat lightly, take walks to relieve any swelling and hot baths to ease the first pains.
Nausea in the last days of pregnancy
A very common disorder in last days of pregnancy, sometimes even weeks, is there nausea, accompanied or not by Diarrhea. Some women may think they have contracted a virus or are suffering from intoxication, actually the reasons why nausea can appear, sometimes even with vomiting, are many.
Read also: Labor seen by women
I'm nauseous: am I about to give birth?
Il labor however it is recognized by two essential factors: breaking of the waters and close contractions. The former may not even occur, but the latter is necessary to establish that the has begun expansion and it's time to prepare for childbirth. The nausea in itself, in fact, it is not a symptom of labor, but it can still precede or accompany it.
Nausea in the days before delivery may be due to:
- digestive difficulties: the size of the child compresses the organs and makes digestion complex, for this reason it is advisable to eat lightly, rather to have more light meals and close together, to sit down trying to keep the arms raised above the shoulders to open the sternum (for example on the backrest sofa) or sleep in a semi-sitting position
- cleansing of the organism: sometimes the woman's body "cleans itself" automatically before giving birth, in this case nausea is often accompanied by vomiting and / or diarrhea
- stress and anxiety: the idea of having to give birth, and what will be next, frightens and stresses many expectant mothers, and this could cause nausea, easily controlled by practicing relaxation techniques and taking long walks
Nausea in labor
It happens instead that nausea and vomit arrive during labor, already at an advanced stage. It happens to many pregnant women and it is completely normal, but it is not an event to be underestimated.
The causes can be multiple:
- poor nutrition o hydration during labor: it is necessary to feed and drink, even if in small quantities, consuming light foods
- medicine: epidural and other medicines can cause changes, especially blood pressure, and cause vomiting
- pain: As with some women during menstruation, the pain can be so severe that it causes vomiting
La nausea in the last days of pregnancy it is a common occurrence that can depend on many factors, mostly physiological. In some cases it is a symptom of approaching labor, but only if accompanied by something else, such as close contractions or breaking of the water.
In any case, you can put into practice some measures to avoid the nuisance of nausea both at the end of pregnancy and during labor, among which the main one is to often eat light foods, which provide energy without weighing down the stomach and body.
A prospective study of nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.