Second month of pregnancy
Be pregnant and perhaps you do not know it yet, even if in these days you will discover that a new life is growing inside you. The first change is theamenorrhea or the absence of menstruation, due to the action of a hormone, Beta HCG, which is produced by the trophoblast, that is, that part of the blastocyst from which the placenta will form.
Read also: The first month of pregnancy
Second month of pregnancy, the symptoms
- Among the symptoms that can be felt during the second month of pregnancy is the typical nausea and sometimes even vomiting. Probably a major one fatigue; some women feel extreme exhaustion and are very sleepy.
- The breasts often increase in size becoming more sensitive and will be able to to grieve. The pigmented area around the nipples (halo) darkens and milk ducts begin to form. The first signs of tension in the chest are highlighted.
- The mood can be affected by these physical and hormonal changes. If the pregnancy was planned and desired, the woman experiences a real "state of grace". But it is also completely normal to feel more unstable, irritable and anxious.
Second month of pregnancy, what to do
- It's time to choose the gynecologist (if you don't already have one) who will follow you throughout your pregnancy and to make the first appointment.
- All projects seventh, eighth week if you have not already done them, it is good to perform the first cycle of routine tests: complete blood test, rubeo-test, toxotest, Australia antigen research, Wasserman reaction, blood group, complete urinalysis.
- From now on try to submit to the diet of a future mother and make a habit of weigh yourself every 15-20 days and note the changes.
- As some women may experience a deterioration in their dental health during pregnancy, don't forget to book a visit to the dentist. It is not true that during pregnancy you cannot go to the dentist, if you have to treat yourself it is always better to do so and the doctor will know how to intervene.
Second month of pregnancy, how many weeks it is
The second month of pregnancy ranges from 4 weeks + 4 days to 8 weeks + 5 days.
Fifth week of pregnancy
In the fifth week of pregnancy classic symptoms may begin: urinating frequently, veins swelling, feeling dry in the morning. Typical nausea appears and sometimes vomiting as well. Probably greater fatigue; some women feel extreme exhaustion and are very sleepy. The chest widens becoming more sensitive and may ache. The pigmented area around the nipples (areola) darkens and milk ducts begin to form. The first signs of tension in the chest are highlighted. The gums soften and can bleed.
Sixth week of pregnancy
In the sixth week of pregnancy the uterus becomes enlarged and the cervix becomes soft and bluish. It is now possible to make a physical diagnosis of the pregnancy. Colostrum can leak out of the nipples. Nausea and vomiting may increase.
Seventh week of pregnancy
At the seventh week of pregnancy, if you have not already done them, it is good to perform the first cycle of routine tests: complete blood test, rubeo-test, toxotest, Australia antigen research, Wasserman reaction, blood group, complete urinalysis.
Eighth week of pregnancy
In the eighth week of pregnancy, the waist gets bigger and the clothes become tight. From now on try to submit to the diet of a future mother and get into the habit of weighing yourself every 15-20 days. Since some women can see their dental health deteriorate during pregnancy, don't forget to book a check-up.
The baby in the second month of pregnancy
It is in the first two months that the embryo is most sensitive to various infections and aggressions which would risk disturbing the normal processes of organ formation. These attacks will continue to be particularly dangerous until the third month.
Arrived at the seventh week of pregnancy the unborn child ceases to be an embryo e becomes a fetus. It is about 2 centimeters for a weight of 2 grams. The face is rounded and takes on a more human aspect.
Pregnancy month by month
- First month of pregnancy
- Second month of pregnancy
- Third month of pregnancy
- Fourth month of pregnancy