Newborn baby boy
Some wittier moms say that along with the newborn card and baby, they should also give you an instruction manual when you leave the hospital! The moment in which you cross the threshold of the house together with the neonate, returning from the hospital, it is truly a magical moment, but it is also full of doubts and fears. What will happen now? Will I be able to recognize the reasons why she cries? Will she sleep? Will I be able to breastfeed him? A thousand questions come to your mind as you look at yours newborn baby who sleeps blissfully in his cradle. No fear. As the days go by you will become expert and very practical, experience is everything. But trust yours too instinct, in most cases he is right. In the meantime, we give you some advice on how to get through at least the first few hours and the first night at home with the newborn baby.
In this article
- How to calm the newborn baby
- How to initiate breastfeeding
- First days at home with the baby
- How to wash the newborn
- Difference night and day
- What is needed?
- Newborn babies what to do
How to calm the newborn baby
It is normal for the baby to cry: the cry it is his only tool for communicating his needs. If he is hungry, tired, wet or stomach ache, the baby cries. Over time you will understand how to interpret the reasons for crying of your little one: it is a matter of habit and practice. And you will also learn how calm him down. The baby just a few weeks old needs to be satisfied basic needs: if he is hungry he must be fed, if he is sleepy it is good to promote his rest, if he is wet or dirty he must be changed and in some cases he cries only because he needs cuddles and wants to feel the warmth of his mother.
The child in the early hours needs silence, soft lights, tranquility.
Place the cradle in a quiet place and close the shutters halfway. Make sure the room temperature is not too high.
How to initiate breastfeeding
If you have started breastfeeding already in hospital, continue on this path. The newborn goes breastfed on request, whenever he is hungry, attach him, first to one breast and then to the other.
If you have any doubts, contact a consultant from the Lega del Latte or a friend or cousin who has already had this experience.
If breastfeeding has not started and you have opted for the formula milk, properly sterilize bottles and teats, in order to have everything ready when it comes time to breastfeed.
Usually the newborn eat every three hours, even if you are bottle feeding, carve out a comfortable and quiet corner of the house: feeding your baby is a magical and important experience, regardless of how you do it.Read also: Useful purchases for newborns
First days at home with the baby
The first few days at home can be difficult and at times tiring: it is necessary to understand how to organize to meet the needs of the baby and recover from the fatigue of childbirth. Some new mothers find it useful to ask forhelp from one's mother who will move to her home for a few days to help her with the chores, prepare dinner and give concrete help, some others will want to stay in the privacy of their own home with the new father to learn together. However, the advice for the first few days is valid for all:
- organize the visits from relatives and family members: too much confusion is not good for the child or for you;
- make sure you have in the freezer ready sauces and various dishes that can be defrosted for the first few days, in this way shopping and cooking will not be a priority;
- sleep when the baby sleeps: do not give in to the temptation to start cleaning and dusting the house when the baby is resting because in reality those are the moments in which you too must rest. There is time to have a bright and tidy home;
- stock up on diapers so you don't have to run to the supermarket when you run out of it.
And speaking of diapers: don't panic at the thought of not knowing how to change it. Basically it's simple and just a little practice:
- Place the baby on the changing table,
- remove the dirty diaper,
- gently clean the skin with a wet wipe (or, better still, with a sponge with water) insisting a little in the folds of the groin,
- dry gently and lift the baby's legs together,
- place the nappy with the side with the tabs on the back and close.
Don't be afraid to hurt the little one: it's much more resistant than you think and doesn't break easily!9 PHOTOS
The return home with the baby
Tips for returning home with the baby. Everything must be ready for the reception of the baby
How to wash the newborn
Every time you change your nappy, change the diaper too umbilical cord dressing: just a drop of chromium mercury and a sterile garzina.
Some pediatricians advise not to bathe before the stump has fallen off. Meanwhile wash the baby "in pieces". in the first few days it will be sufficient to use a soft cotton towel or towel moistened with lukewarm water and possibly a mild non-foaming soap.
Difference night and day
Sleep is certainly a topic of great concern to new parents. How to get your baby used to sleep at night and there is a way to do it understand the difference between night and day?
- During the day, place the cradle in a place other than the bedroom;
- let the daylight filter through the windows;
- however, let him hear the noises of life that takes place around him during the day, even if subdued and not chaotic: it is important that even if the child sleeps, the noises of the house and of the people around him arrive.
Generally, fix the little boy's crib in your bedroom, next to your bed. Around the three months you can move her to his room, but for the first few weeks it is best to have him close to check on him and also to avoid having to get up and move to another room if you have to breastfeed him.
If you are feeding him with a bottle, prepare the bottles a few hours in advance and place the bottle warmer on the bedside table, so the whole procedure will be faster.
Make sure your baby sleeps bench press (it is one of the most important measures to reduce the risk of Sids, sudden infant death), do not cover him too much and let him sleep without a pillow. Opt for a sleeping bag instead of a blanket, so it won't risk slipping under it.
Some information on the newborn sleep: don't expect her to sleep "like a baby", babies do a lot of noises during sleep, sometimes they cry, make sounds, moan. It may seem that he is awake, but in reality he is sleeping: do not take him in your arms unless he is clearly crying, you could wake him up unnecessarily.
What is needed?
As for the newborn layette, here is a list of things to have at home after giving birth:
- bodysuits and rompers and socks. Few from 0 to 1 month, for the rest from 0 to 3 months;
- mattress protector sheets for the cradle;
- crib or cot covers;
- diapers size 1;
- delicate wet wipes;
- cotton pads to clean the nappy area with simple warm water;
- newborn cleanser;
- towels of various sizes;
- the so-called "squares" of gauze;
- a pacifier;
- breast pads;
- physiological solution;
- paste with zinc oxide for the bottom.
Newborn babies what to do
So what to do with this newborn frugoletto that you brought home with you? Don't be afraid: every mother knows what is good for her puppy and even if she has never done it before, many things will come spontaneously simply by relying on her maternal instincts. Do not aim for perfection: your child does not need a supermum and a super home. All you need is a lot of love and a lot of serenity.Read also: Why the newborn eats his fists